With 2015 revenues of approximately $12.1 billion and net income of $302 million, Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. (Jacobs) is one of the largest publicly traded (NYSE: JEC) and diverse providers of professional technical services in the world. Founded in 1947, the company has a market capitalization of $4.35 billion and over 63,000 employees worldwide.
The company's service portfolio consists of a comprehensive range of business solutions related to engineering, architecture, construction, operations and maintenance and scientific and specialty consulting.
The Insides Sales Manager (ISM) reports to the Inside Sales Manager (ISM) Philadelphia Team Leader, and is located in Philadelphia, PA. The ISM drives inside sales efforts supporting building design, transportation infrastructure, and program/construction management opportunities.
The ISM is a valuable team member within Jacobs' sales team who drives strategic pursuits and helps build relationships with key clients. The ISM works with sales, operations and other Inside Sales staff to develop early win strategy and produce original and strategically-focused response documents, including proposals, presentations and qualification statements.
- Responsible for appropriate application of Jacobs' sales work process, tools and templates; mentor others in their application
- Collaborate with sales and operations in early development of distinctive value propositions that enhance our clients' competitive position
- Leverage our global network to identify and put forward Jacobs' unique capabilities and resources
- Organize, direct, and motivate a multidiscipline pursuit team to develop strategic sales deliverables in support of regional business plan
- Develop high-quality, opportunity-specific response documents with competitive and compelling sales messages to satisfy client business goals
- Draft sections and manage the overall production of original response documents that communicate value to the client and support the sales message
- Develop and implement proposal directives and other pursuit response plans; monitor team progress
- Organize and participate in response-related meetings (internal and/or client), as appropriate
- Proofread and edit technical and non-technical documents for accuracy, consistency and RFP compliance
- Work with Inside Sales Coordinators and graphic designers to develop response documents
- Conduct appropriate internal/external research and respond to internal requests for information
- Bachelor's degree required
- 10 years of relevant experience preferred
- 5 years of relevant experience required
- Strong leader with ability to marshal resources (people, material, support), solve problems, and work collaboratively with a team in a fast-paced environment; ability to handle multiple simultaneous projects and work under strict deadlines required
- Strong sales acumen and ability to work with sales and operations to develop innovative solutions and identify existing capabilities that respond to client challenges and create distinctive competitive advantage required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including writing and speaking succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles; can get messages across that have the desired effect; effective in a variety of presentation settings (one-on-one, small and large groups with peers, direct reports and managers)
- Previous experience within the architectural, engineering, and construction industry preferred
- Work may be required after hours and on weekends; flexibility and ability to travel preferred
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.