Jacobs Maritime provides specialist technical services in coastal zone infrastructure development. Our team specialises in commercial ports, bulk terminals, naval bases, breakwaters and coastal defences, dredging and reclamation, marine off-loading facilities and sea water intakes and outfalls. We support a wide range of major UK and international clients across the maritime, defence, energy, and transport sectors.
We are currently in the midst of an exciting investment period for Jacobs Maritime during which we aim to achieve considerable and sustained profitable growth. This will provide great opportunities for you to work across a broad portfolio of projects and will offer a platform to gain significant experience.
The full time position will be as a Technical Director based in our Edinburgh office and will include support to our maritime teams in Glasgow and Cardiff, as well as site teams across a range of locations. As a Technical Director you will lead multi-disciplinary, multi-office teams to execute and deliver safe technical solutions to agreed standards, on-time, and within budget. You will have established your reputation for the highest standards of service and technical delivery across a broad range of major projects.
As a senior member of the Maritime team you will be comfortable taking the lead on projects and provide appropriate technical guidance to develop your team. You will coordinate resources to plan tasks and contribute to our business goals.
Main responsibilities and accountabilities will include:
- inter-discipline and inter-office project planning, delivery and financial performance;
- technical leadership and quality management of project deliverables;
- business development activities including business relationships with Clients, identifying work opportunities and managing delivery of proposals;
- technical and professional leadership, support and development of the team;
- adherence and contribution to business and quality management systems;
- design safety leadership, and developing and maintaining good safety culture; and
- recruitment and team development.
- commitment to continuous professional development;
- chartered member of the ICE, IStructE, or equivalent, with post-chartered experience in the design and delivery of civil engineering projects;
- quickly assimilate into the team and role, performing at Principal Engineer level, bringing project delivery experience within a multidisciplinary environment; and
- successful track record in the design, project management and construction delivery of reinforced concrete, foundation design, and structural analysis.
Our clients want the real thing, and so do we. Join Jacobs, one of the Most Admired Companies in the industry. What sets us apart is our absolute belief in the power of you. Visit xxxxxxx for an opportunity to build your world.
Jacobs is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to the safety and well-being of all.