Jacobs Maritime provides specialist technical services in coastal zone infrastructure development. Our team specialises in commercial ports, bulk terminals, naval bases, breakwaters and coastal defences, dredging and reclamation, marine off-loading facilities and sea water intakes and outfalls. We support a wide range of major UK and international clients across the maritime, defence, energy, and transport sectors.
We are currently in the midst of an exciting investment period for Jacobs Maritime during which we aim to achieve considerable and sustained profitable growth. This will provide great opportunities for you to work across a broad portfolio of projects and will offer a platform to gain significant experience.
The full time position will be as a Principal Engineer based in our Edinburgh office and will include support to our maritime teams in Glasgow and Cardiff, as well as site teams across a range of locations.
As a Principal Engineer you will lead project teams to execute and deliver safe technical solutions to agreed standards, on-time, and within budget. You will have established your reputation for the highest standards of service and technical delivery during your career to date. As a senior member of the Maritime team you will be comfortable taking the lead on projects and provide appropriate technical guidance to develop the team. You will plan tasks, coordinate resources and contribute to our business goals.
Main responsibilities and accountabilities will include:
- effective leadership and execution of assigned tasks and projects;
- plan, manage and report own work responsibilities;
- plan, manage and report on the work of others under your supervision;
- communication and interface with other project teams;
- compliance with business processes and systems;
- supporting sales pursuits and maintaining client relationships;
- preparation and checking of technical deliverables including reports and drawings;
- undertaking site inspection and survey work including RAMS;
- responsibility for safety in design to eliminate hazards; and
- maintain quality records and documentation.
- commitment to continuous professional development;
- chartered member of the ICE, IStructE, or equivalent, with post-chartered experience in the design and delivery of civil engineering projects;
- quickly assimilate into the team and role, performing at Principal Engineer level, bringing project delivery experience within a multidisciplinary environment; and
- successful track record in the design, project management and construction delivery of reinforced concrete, foundation design, and structural analysis.
Our clients want the real thing, and so do we. Join Jacobs, one of the Most Admired Companies in the industry. What sets us apart is our absolute belief in the power of you. Visit xxxxxxx for an opportunity to build your world.
Jacobs is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to the safety and well-being of all.