Jacobs Cyber Security Group is a cyber security engineering and analysis arm of Jacobs Engineering company. Due to our rapid growth, we have an immediate opening for a Systems Administrator II supporting our Department of Justice Program.
The ideal candidate will have experience in working with customers and will be capable of working on multiple projects simultaneously. S/he also must be willing to work in Arlington, VA on a periodic basis. S/he must have demonstrated experience in:
- Systems Engineering and the Systems Engineering Life Cycle
- Understanding security considerations of the system engineering life cycle
- Requirements Management
- Writing and maintaining requirements process documents
- Developing requirements on IT systems
- Decomposing and mapping requirements
- Experience with administering DOORS
The candidate must have demonstrated experience in use and administration of DOORS and an understanding of Cyber Threats. Candidate must have experience writing requirements for techincal IT systems/projects.
The candidate must have an experience in one or more of the following:
- Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems
- Malware analysis
The candidate must:
Essential Functions Physical Requirements:
- Be a strong communicator (verbal and written)
- Have 5+ years of Requirements Management exeprience.
- Hold a TS/SCI clearance
- Have a Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, mathematics, or similar technical discipline
- Have 10-12 years of experience in system engineering or system development experience
- Have Demonstrated experience (5+ years) performing requirements management
- Sitting at a desk.
- May require lifting and carrying supplies.
- Extended periods of sitting while on PC/laptop or phone.
Equipment and Machines:
- An inside office environment (Considerations: Closed quarters, lighting, and temperature fluctuations)
Needs to be able to work well with and support co-workers and clients
Needs to have clear, concise and accurate communication skills
- Standard office equipment and machines, computer workstation
- Work assignments dependent on requirements by the client. If hired for a full-time position, it is important to be able to work at least 8 hours a day for 5 days per week (Monday through Friday).
Other Essential Functions:
- Must be able to communicate effectively
Must demonstrate professional behavior at all times when dealing with clients, management and employees
Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk to the employee or others
Must be able to support and work in a proactive team environment
Must hold the safety of yourself and those around you as the number one priority in the workplace
Completion of required certifications within six (6) months of hire date
U.S. Citizenship and ability to obtain an interim and a permanent U.S. DoD Secret Security Clearance required