Jacobs employ some of the UK's most experienced and skilled technical services professionals and has grown to over 9,000 people in locations across the UK.
At Jacobs we provide the resources to turn great ideas into reality, and we're looking for the most talented and passionate individuals out there to be our next generation of leaders.
Within the water industry, Jacobs undertakes a large range of work across the globe with many different Clients in the public and private sector. Whether jar testing to support the upgrading of a water treatment works in the Outer Hebrides, commissioning a BNR plant in the Middle East or working on the water and wastewater strategy for a new EU Member State, we know the opportunities as part of the team at Jacobs are vast and exciting and we invite you to learn more and consider becoming part of our team.
What we do
Within our Energy, Waste & Water (EWW) Business Unit in Scotland we are recruiting to build our Process Team to support water and wastewater non-infrastructure work for Clients throughout the UK, Ireland and Europe.
We have positions available in our Glasgow and Edinburgh offices in Scotland, UK.
These roles would comprise working on any or all of the following project stages within the Scotland Process Team:
- Concept stage design, feasibility and root cause analysis
- Front end engineering design
- Detailed design
- Technical support and construction supervision
- Commissioning and handover
- Site based investigation work during all stages of design - including jar testing, process monitoring, operational performance review and process optimisation
We are looking for quality Principal Process Engineers to get involved in a range of interesting and challenging projects. As a member of the Scotland Process team, you would be supported by and work as part of our diverse and dynamic UK Water Process Group and more widely by our professionals with whom we have links all over the world.
We have roles for both water and wastewater specialists or for those who enjoy both.
As a Principal Process Engineer you will be working on a range of water and/or wastewater treatment projects and would be a key team member within our Scotland Process team.
Responsibilities would include:
- Acting as Process Engineer and Process Lead for the design for small/medium/large projects
- Working as part of a multidisciplinary team, ensuring the delivery of high quality design projects
- Developing and maintaining excellent relationships with the other discipline engineers and leads on the projects
- Leading a Process design team to complete scopes of work within agreed time frames and to budget
- Mentoring and development of process graduates and junior staff; supervision and line management of graduate engineers
- Data gathering through desk top study and site work, data analysis and interpretation
- Liaising with our Clients and other design team members
- Assisting the Project Manager (PM) with Process issues
- Assisting the program Quality Manager and PM to meet Health and Safety and overall project quality objectives
- Checking and reviewing the work of peers and junior staff
- Maintaining an up to date knowledge of developments in water and / or wastewater treatment technologies
Essential skills/experience required:
You will hold a degree in Chemical Engineering or related Process Engineering discipline and be a Chartered Professional Engineer with an internationally recognised Industry Association. You will have:
- Extensive experience in the design of water or waste water non-infrastructure from feasibility stage through to detailed design including development of piping and instrumentation diagrams, control philosophies and detailed process calculations
- Extensive experience in ensuring the quality of process design input on projects in the Water Industry
- Proven ability to work as part of a team and the desire to be part of our Process Scotland team; to contribute to and help mentor our group
- Experience in leading the Process design of small/medium or large projects
- Proven ability to work as part of a team, liaising directly with Clients and other project team members
- Experience in site based monitoring, bench scale trials and field analysis in the water sector - site sampling, jar testing and other trial work
- Leading multidisciplinary teams on process focused jobs as Technical Lead or Design Lead
- The ability to reach out globally to fully realise and benefit from the extensive process expertise within our Company across regions and sectors
- Project and/or design management experience
- A confident driver with full license
- Competitive salary
- Extensive paid holidays of up to 32 days inclusive of national and public holidays
- A broad flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays, private health care and life assurance.
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Opportunity to be part of our Scotland Process team, UK Water Process group and wider global networks
- Opportunity to join a global organisation committed developing its people and to continuous growth.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to the safety and well - being of all.