JACOBS is one of the world's largest and most diverse providers of technical and management services. We offer a full-spectrum of consultancy support to commercial, government and industrial clients across many sectors.
Our Sustainable Solutions business provides a focus for advising our clients on sustainability issues including renewable energy, low carbon economies, flood risk management, impacts of climate change and waste and resource management.
Our environmental capabilities comprise of in excess of 600 staff based predominantly in the UK, but with reach into the Middle East.
T o meet our growing UK business needs and future development aspirations we are looking for a number of experienced Principal and Senior Flood Risk Management Specialists based in our Manchester, Reading, Birmingham and Exeter offices.
The successful candidates will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities.
You will be working on projects for the Environment Agency, Local Authorities and private sector clients. Responsibilities include:
- Management of a small team of Flood Risk Management Specialists
- Project Management and technical lead on a variety of flood risk management projects such as:
- Surface Water Management Plans
- Flood Risk Management Strategies
- Business Case Reports
- Flood Risk Assessments
- Development of options to manage flood risk, including resistance and resilience measures
- Client liaison, including giving high quality planning advice for major infrastructure projects, e.g. rail, road, utilities schemes
- Quality Assurance on project deliverables
- Running Stakeholder and Project Steering Group meetings
- High quality relevant degree
- Gained CIWEM accreditation
- Experience of staff management and development
- Excellent knowledge of the planning system relating to flood risk management
- Experience of PAR production
- Knowledge of MCM approaches and cost benefit analysis
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills
- Experience of liaising with clients and managing projects
- Post Graduate qualification in a related subject
- Project Management qualification (e.g. APM or PRINCE2)
- Understanding of Flood Estimation Handbook Techniques
- Experience of flood risk management techniques and methods including option appraisals
- GIS skills
- Preparation of Project Appraisal Reports to Flood and Coastal Erosion Risk Management (FCERM) guidance processes
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.