Jacobs employ some of the UK's most experienced and skilled technical services professionals and has grown to over 9,000 people in locations across the UK.
Our Sustainable Solutions Business Unit provides a focus for advising our clients on sustainability issues including renewable energy, low carbon economies, impacts of climate change and waste and resource management. Our environmental capabilities comprise of in excess of 600 staff based predominantly in the UK, but with reach into the Middle East.Position Summary:
To meet our growing UK business needs and future development aspirations we are looking for an Ecologist.
Jacob's ecology team is one of the UK's largest most dynamic and respected ecology teams. Our Ecologists provide specialist advice for the full range of projects undertaken by Jacobs, as well as servicing the needs of their own client base. The team works on a range of diverse, high profile projects in the UK, Europe and the Middle East.
The ecology team is currently over a hundred strong which offers opportunities for technical as well as career mentoring to ensure your continued professional development. At Jacobs we provide the resources to turn great ideas into reality, and we're looking for the most talented and passionate ecologists and field biologists to be our next generation of leaders.
The successful person will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities.Responsibilities include:
- Support the Principal Ecologist in project delivery.
- Planning and resourcing of ecological surveys.
- Lead ecological surveys.
- Support business development.
- A degree in a relevant science or a closely related field.
- CIEEM membership.
- An experienced ecology surveyor and a good field scientist.
- Surveying and work experience in the UK regulatory framework including protected species licensing.
- Experienced in running small projects.
- Ability to write clear and concise reports.
- Able to produce quality assured ecology deliverables.
- Able to mentor less experience members of the team.
- Good communication and IT skills.
- Current and full driving license.
- CEnv / CEcol.
- Postgraduate degree.
- Protected species licence(s).
- An ecological specialism.
- GIS skills.
- Working knowledge of the Habitats Directive 1992 (as amended).
- ECoW experience.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to the safety and well-being of all.