Jacobs employ some of the UK's most experienced and skilled technical services professionals and has grown to over 9,000 people in locations across the UK.
At Jacobs we provide the resources to turn great ideas into reality, and we're looking for the most talented and passionate individuals out there to be our next generation of leaders.
Within our Energy, Waste & Water (EWW) Business Unit team we have a vacancy for a Civil Engineer working within a matrix engineering environment reporting to a Technical Director and to project specific Project Manager(s).
Within EWW our teams have a number of water & wastewater related roles working on any or all of the following project stages:
- Concept stage design
- Front End Engineering Design
- Detailed design
- Technical support and construction supervision
- Commissioning and handover
We are looking to engage the right calibre of Civil Engineer to be part of a multi-disciplinary team and help drive interesting and challenging projects to completion. You would be based in our Edinburgh design office.
As a Civil Engineer you could be working on water and/or wastewater treatment projects as well as clean water and sewage transfer systems.
Responsibilities likely to include:
- Acting as Civil Engineer for the design for small/medium/large projects
- Working as part of a multidisciplinary team, ensuring the delivery of high quality design projects within agreed time frames and to budget
- Developing and maintaining excellent relationships with the other discipline engineers and leads on the projects
- Contributing to maintaining technical quality ensuring designs meet client specification
- Working to meet Health and Safety and overall project quality objectives
- Helping develop our civil graduates
- Liaising with our Clients and other design team members
- Masters Degree in a related engineering discipline
- Working towards Chartered Engineer of a relevant engineering Institution
- Demonstrable and relevant experience in the design of water or wastewater treatment plants, networks and pumping systems and drainage systems (foul, surface water and combined)
- Proven ability to work as part of a team, liaising directly with client and/or other project team members
- Be familiar with current industry best practice.
- Experience across feasibility, outline and detailed design stages
- Experience of Design and Build Projects
- Working knowledge of NEC Engineering and Construction Contract and Professional Services Contracts
- Experience in hydraulic design
- A confident driver with full license
Flexibility in terms of travel (UK and international)
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and well being of all.