The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Seeking a dedicated professional with at least 4 years of experience in the Commercial/Site Development or Land Development industry who wants to grow into a leadership position. The individual shall be capable of and responsible for delivering a quality product in a fast-paced environment and is interested in challenging their skills with a wide range of projects. Individual shall have the desire to be a project lead.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Civil site design on commercial or federal projects including grading, water distribution, sanitary sewer, drainage, and paving
• Work on several projects concurrently.
• Team with inter-related engineering disciplines.
• Focus on the details of a project while understanding the big picture from the project team perspective.
• Coordinates project assignments with those of other engineers and technicians on his/her project team.
• Research City, State, and Federal Codes.
• Utilize time in executing assigned tasks accurately, on schedule, and within the budget.
• Project cost estimating.
• Communicating tasks and schedule with the project team.
- Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering is required
- At least 4 years experience on commercial/site or land development projects is required
- EIT certification is required, PE is preferred
- 4 years of project design with design software (AutoCAD Civil 3D) is required
- Strong background in plan production and project execution
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.