Intermediate level design and drafting position performing non-routine and complex design and drafting assignments within company and industry standards and codes. Produce quality plans from verbal instructions and interpret plans from other engineering related disciplines (survey, drainage, grading, paving, etc.). Work independently with minimal supervision, and serve as mentor to more junior designers and technicians. Must have ability to work both independently and as a part of a multidiciplinary team with occasional advice and support from Project Managers and/or Engineers.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Visualizes and plans the graphic presentation of designs for land development related projects including residential and commercial.
• Recommends minor design changes to Project Managers and/or Engineers.
• Mentors less experienced CAD personnel and offers technical advice and knowledge.
• Works closely with Engineers and Project Managers to obtain project information and ensure drawings are accurate and complete.
• May prepare cost and quantity estimates.
• May perform design calculations.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Must think Team First
• Minimum 10 years of computer aided drafting experience (CAD) experience on land development projects is required
• Technical knowledge of CAD operations in an engineering specialty
• Ability to apply advanced CAD techniques using software such as AutoCAD is required
• Working knowledge and experience in Civil Design, Design Review & Design Supervision with knowledge and appreciation of the associated mathematics.
• Civil 3D expertise is required.
Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Jacobs does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by country, regional or local law.