The Buildings & Infrastructure (B&I) Line of Business is a global network of approximately 11,500 employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Jacobs is seeking multiple qualified and enthusiastic civil engineers with experience on transportation projects for Municipal and/or State clients. These positions are for design engineering on transportation projects, such as WSDOT design-builds, local agency roadway improvement projects, and Sound Transit rail projects.
The Duties and Responsibilities include:
• Roadway and/or MOT and/or Signing Design Engineer Lead for Municipal and/or WSDOT projects Lead Engineer for roadway or MOT or Signing, depending on experience.
• Preparing final design plans, calculations, specifications and cost estimates.
Coordinate with City, State, and/or County officials, and other outside agencies.
• Coordinate with project team, and participate in interdisciplinary reviews.
Research design options and documenting findings.
• Mentors less experienced engineers and/or technical support personnel assigned to the project, depending on experience.
• Perform other duties assigned by the Project Manager.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering is required.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer is required, Washington PE registration preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years of progressive roadway and/or MOT and/or Signing design experience is required including performing/ and/or leading design of local arterial streets and/or highways, intersections, ADA pedestrian facilities design, channelization, signing, traffic control, storm drainage or utility design
- Candidates with 10+ years' experience also encouraged to apply, as multiple positions are available.
- Working knowledge with local -city, AASHTO, MUTCD, ADA and/or WSDOT design standards.
- Experience with AutoCAD /or Microstation is required.
- Experience with Civil 3D and/or Inroads is a plus.
- Technical ability to lead the roadway design and create design (PS&E) submittal packages a plus.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with colleagues in team environment, and build relationships with internal and external clients.
- Client experience/focus on local Puget Sound-area Roadways/Highways desired depending on experience.
- ProjectWise experience a plus.
- Proficient with MS Office software, (Word, Excel, Project).
- US Citizenship required
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.