The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
The Senior Inside Sales Coordinator (SISC) supports the Buildings & Infrastructure Americas (BIA) division in Chicago. The SISC supports regional sales and marketing activities and RFP responses in the pursuit of BIA design and construction projects for public and private sector clients. This role primarily supports BIA teams pursuing transportation, aviation and rail design as well as program/construction management across multiple markets.
The SISC is a valuable member of Jacobs' Sales Team, which drives strategic pursuits and helps build relationships with key clients. The SISC works collaboratively with sales, operations and Inside Sales Managers to develop early win strategies and produce original and strategically-focused response documents, including proposals, presentations and qualification statements. Knowledge of our industry is required. Some travel may be required.
• Coordinates and develops response documents in accordance with Jacobs' sales process, tools and templates.
• Develops and implements proposal directives and other pursuit response plans; monitors team progress for timely completion of assignments.
• Organizes and participates in response-related meetings, including recording and distributing meeting minutes.
• Develops draft sections of original response documents that communicate value to the client and enforce the win strategy.
• Manages timely production of response documents.
• Proofreads and edits technical and non-technical documents for messaging, accuracy, consistency and RFP compliance.
• Performs basic desktop publishing and works with in-house graphic designers to develop high-quality response documents.
• Develops new and updates existing SOQ materials for pursuit efforts.
• Conducts appropriate internal/external research and responds to internal requests for information.
• Education: 4-year college degree required.
• Experience: At least 3 years of sales and marketing experience or equivalent; similar experience within the AEC (Architecture, Engineering, Construction) industry required.
• Organizational: Strong project management skills. Ability to handle multiple simultaneous tasks and work under strict deadlines. Works well independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
• Technical: Strong capability in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative Suite. Strong writing and editing skills.
• Language: Excellent verbal and written communication skills including writing and speaking succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles.
• Other: Work may be required after hours and on weekends, sometimes on short notice. Flexibility and ability to travel required.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.