The Buildings & Infrastructure (B&I) Line of Business is a global network of approximately 11,500 employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Reporting directly to the Company Leadership at the Regional or VP level, this position has Management level employees on the project or program as direct reports. This includes Design, Construction, Procurement, and Controls. The responsibility of direct overview of the General Contractor is delegated. Client and/or Contractor contact is at a high level regarding performance metrics such as schedule, cost, scope and safety. Ability to analysis key performance metrics and indicators to proactively correct outcomes continuously is essential.
- Responsible for the quality of engineering work performed, client service, utilization of staff, marketing, reputation of the office, contract management, billing collection, and project profitability for rail engineering projects.
- Execute project designs for complex multi-billion dollar transit project
- Provide effective project management to help reduce the costs of delivering projects and adding value to the business by applying proven project management techniques.
- Plans, directs, and coordinates activities of complex and/or multiple transit projects to ensure that goals and/or objectives of these projects are accomplished within prescribed timeframe and funding parameters.
- Establishes work plan and multi-disciplinary staffing for each project phase and arranges for recruitment or assignment of project personnel.
- Manage, ensure and enhance project quality by providing ideas and suggestions aimed at improving the effectiveness of project activities.
- Perform sales activities including client development, proposal and qualifications development, and interviews.
- Directs and coordinates activities of Project Engineers, Engineers, and Technicians to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Initiates and reviews proposals. Participates in interviews and presentations as applicable.
- Maintains positive relationships with current and past clients as assigned.
- Serves as a representative of Jacobs at client meetings, presentations, and public hearings/reviews relative to assigned projects and to ensure expectations are identified and met.
- Develops, reviews and obtains confirmation of financial and project delivery schedule activities of design and construction as they relate to all disciplines involved.
- Identifies causes for revisions to projects and whether such changes are billable to the client.
- Assures the project team complies with the contract agreement, and exercises rigid cost control to implement the approved design within established budget restraints.
- Develop scope and fee documents.
- Oversee quality execution.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering is required; Master's degree is preferred.
- Registration as a New York State Professional Engineer is required
- 20 + years of progressive experience in Rail/Transit project/construction management is required
- Proven experience working with local NY transit agencies and utility companies is required
- Managed the design of underground structures
- Experience with management of large and complex transit/rail projects in excess of $100 Million required
- Knowledge and experience of Federal and State transportation regulations and programs is required
- Proven business development experience is required
- Solid history of successful project and client management
- Extensive experience with client relationships and mentoring junior staff
- Must have excellent communication, presentation and technical writing skills
- Ability to demonstrate effective skills in leadership, oral and written communication, planning, teamwork, decision making, problem solving
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Jacobs does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by country, regional or local law.