The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
As one of the largest engineering firms in the world, our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. Our business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
This role is responsible for design and direction in the overall execution of multiple projects or contracts for Transportation and Site Development projects in the New York area. Administers contracts, meets client requirements and company commitments. Leads important business development activities by presenting the organization's project capabilities, establishing client relationships, and procuring work.
Responsible directly or through staff for the quality of services performed, client satisfaction, utilization of staff, marketing, reputation of the office and the company in the marketplace, contract management, billing and collection, and project delivery.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Establishes and maintains client relationships. Maintains positive relationships with current and past clients as assigned.
• Provides operational supervision and technical guidance to Project Manager(s), Project Engineers and Designers
• Plans, directs, and coordinates activities of projects to ensure that goals or objectives of these projects are accomplished within the prescribed time frame and funding parameters.
• Establishes and implements staffing plans to permit effective handling of current and projected workloads
• Directs and supervises the activities of assigned personnel and provides for and enforces proper delegation of management authority, responsibility and accountability.
• Regularly monitors the progress of projects or tasks through project management reviews
• Develops reviews and obtains confirmation of financial and project delivery schedule activities of design and construction as they relate to all disciplines involved.
• With the support of the Operations Manager and our lead business development, develops the market strategy for the transportation group.
• Lead key transportation pursuits; engage in developing win strategies, technical proposals, client interviews and pricing proposals.
• Initiates and reviews price proposals. Participates in interviews and presentations as applicable.
• Coordinate with other department managers of applicable departments within the local operation and other engineering firms engaged in projects relating to the transportation services program.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering is required.
• Registration as a Professional Engineer in New York is required.
• At least 15 years experience on transportation/highway projects is required
• At least 8 years as a project manager on transportation/highway projects is required
• Must have developed the following skills; engineering knowledge, leadership, oral and written communication skills, planning, teamwork, decision making, judgment and problem solving.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.