The Buildings & Infrastructure (B&I) Line of Business is a global network of approximately 11,500 employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Jacobs, Bellevue, WA is seeking a Structural CADD Drafter to join its team.
Performs standardized or prescribed assignments involving a sequence of related operations. Standard work methods are followed for preparing PS&E drawings under moderate supervision. Has a good understanding of the general and detailed aspects of the job and their practical applications to problems and situations ordinarily encountered. Works under limited supervision; work is reviewed for adequacy on completion. Interacts with internal and external personnel on matters of moderate importance. Must be willing to work in project offices and when needed, other Jacobs offices.
- 2-4 years of drafting/design experience required
- HS graduate or equivalent required (specialized training or education may be substituted for part of the experience)
- Microsoft Office knowledge preferred
- Strong organizational and communication skills preferred
- Must have experience with current versions of Microstation and Autocad, Civil 3D and Inroads experience is a plus. 3D modeling is a plus. Ability to follow client standards as well as proper sheet set up and managing external references is required.
- Intermittent sitting, walking, standing, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting, and lifting. Lifting requirements limited to 20 lbs. in the form of supplies, drawings, etc.
- Must be alert to equipment in the field, there will be occasional travel, will work near construction job site equipment when in the field, occasional need to work near hazardous equipment and machinery, occasional need to walk on uneven ground, exposure to dust, gas or fumes, exposure to noise, extremes in temperature or humidity, and potential work at heights.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.