The North American Infrastructure (NAI) group within Jacobs has approximately 3,000 employees who provide engineering design, construction, planning, environmental support, survey, design-build, project management and/or program management for our civil infrastructure clients. Recognized a leader in the EPC infrastructure industry, our team consistently receives high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in their categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, and Top Transportation Companies. Our clients include but are not limited to highway authorities, rail/transit entities, tollway authorities, land developers, energy providers and water departments.
Jacobs is seeking a qualified Resident Engineer/Assistant Resident Engineer with experience on major transportation construction projects. This person will oversee day to day construction management as an owner's representative on assigned projects in the area.
- Represent Owner in accordance with their guidelines and requirements.
- Supervise field office staff that may consist of Document Control, Inspector(s), Site Safety, Contract Administrators.
- Prepare for and lead Owners meetings such as pre-construction conference, weekly project meetings, utility coordination meetings and other project meetings as necessary.
- Review and prepare draft responses for Owner approval of Requests For Information, Submittals, Contractor correspondence, Contractor Change Requests, Contractors Pay Requests.
- Serve as main point of contact and facilitate communication between Owner, Construction Contractor, and other project stakeholders.
- Review and insure construction work is completed in accordance with plans and specifications. Communicate deficiencies to Owner and Contractor
- Prepare draft Non-Conformance Reports for Owner's review and approval.
- Familiarity with site safety requirements.
- Ensure project documentation is full, complete and in accordance with Owner's requirements.
- Review and approval of Inspection Reports
- Coordinate testing and special inspection as necessary
- Assist Jacobs Project Manager in staffing and project budgeting
- Assist in preparation of proposals (Client Requests for Qualifications) and interviews.
- Assist in marketing and development of project staffing.
- Bachelor's degree or related experience is preferred
- At least 5 years' experience at a professional level in construction or design activities desired.
- Must be computer literate with solid working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel is required
- Effective oral and written communication skills is required
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.