JACOBS is one of the world's largest and most diverse providers of technical and management services. We offer a full-spectrum of consultancy support to commercial, government and industrial clients across many sectors.
Our Sustainable Solutions business provides a focus for advising our clients on sustainability and environmental issues. Our environmental capabilities comprise of in excess of 700 staff based predominantly in the UK, but with reach into the Middle East.
In order to respond to our growing business needs and future development aspirations we are looking to recruit two additional Landscape Architects into either our Glasgow or Edinburgh office.
Successful candidates will be required to contribute towards a broad range environmental master planning, landscape design and landscape assessment projects. Our current workload includes a mix of major infrastructure and regeneration based commissions in both the public and private sector with potential for overseas work.
- Degree and Diploma/Masters in Landscape Architecture.
- General experience of environmental masterplanning, design and LVIA for major infrastructure projects.
- Strong communication, written and presentation skills.
- Ability to work both in multidiscipline teams and independently.
Relevant experience and working knowledge of:
- UK and Scotland specific legislation, planning and EIA process
- LVIA in accordance with the latest best practice guidance including GLVIA3, HA DMRB and relevant IANs
- Landscape character assessment and environmental site appraisal
- Verified photomontage views and visualisations
- Scheme and contract specification
- Competence in AutoCAD and Adobe software packages (including Photoshop).
- 3D visualisation i.e. SketchUp.
- GIS caper ability.
- Experience of on-site supervision including acting as employers representative.
- Experience of mentoring less experienced team members.
- Full UK driving licence.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.