JACOBS is one of the world's largest and most diverse providers of technical and management services. We offer a full-spectrum of consultancy support to commercial, government and industrial clients across many sectors.
We are looking for an experienced Mechanical Engineer to join our water team based in the South East of England. Jacobs have a team of Engineers working at South East Water's Offices in Snodland to help them deliver their five year capital works programme. Working in the integrated MEICA team you will report to the SEW Lead MEICA Engineer and be responsible for the Mechanical Engineers and Mechanical technical deliverables and design on capital engineering projects. As the Senior Mechanical Engineer you will ensure that the mechanical elements of the design are correct, appropriate and of current best practice whilst ensuring compliance to the engineering standards and specifications. You will also be expected to challenge, innovate and evolve the engineering standards and specifications as technology evolves.
Your job responsibilities will include:
- Efficient technical delivery on projects
- Line management of junior Engineers
- Production and / or checking of technical reports
- Provide appropriate inputs for programmes, estimates and contract preparation
- Provide, advise and take responsibility for designs in line with specifications and relevant Health and Safety Legislation, with input from the Lead MEICA Engineer
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to contribute to successful project delivery
- Construction supervision for small projects
- On-site inspection of works in accordance with standards and specifications
You will ideally have gained substantial experience in the water industry or within the broader utilities, process and manufacturing sectors. It will be advantageous to have knowledge of water treatment processes and control philosophies.
To be considered for this role you will need the following skills and competencies:
Degree qualified in mechanical engineering;
Ability to develop and mentor junior staff;
Ability to give technical guidance, work under pressure and progress work within budget and deadlines;
Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills; Influential with leadership capability and good supervisory skills;
Full & clean UK driving licence;
Although this role is office based you will be expected to travel to any location within the SEW supply areas, as required, as part of the project(s) you or your team are working on e.g. pre-construction and construction phase elements such as scoping or Contractor progress/design review meetings.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunities Employer who is committed to the safety and well being of all.