Jacobs Federal Operations provides a wide range of services to government and industry in engineering, environmental, operations and maintenance, scientific, engineering, environmental and technical services. Our clients include USAF, USACE, DOE, USCG, NASA, Dow, TVA, and Denso. We are currently executing many contracts, performing work that is essential to our clients' missions across a broad range of functional areas.
The Chemists primary responsibilities are to provide technical support for various environmental remediation and monitoring projects. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Providing chemistry support in sample and data management, laboratory subcontract management, field sampling
- Establishment of data quality objectives (DQOs)
- Developing work plans, including sampling plans, and quality assurance project plans
- Performing data quality assessments, and writing reports
- Willingness to travel to remote locations across Alaska for fieldwork
- Availability during non-regular business days/hours for project support
- Familiarity of environmental methods for collecting environmental and hazardous waste samples
- Data management; data quality review; field screening and sampling; and knowledge of hazardous materials use, storage & shipping requirements.
- Environmental analytical laboratory experience, field sampling, and a familiarity with EPA, AFCEE, USACE, or other government agency programs a plus.
- Proficiency in spreadsheet and database applications a must
- Technical writing ability
- Ability to maintain an excellent attitude
- Build and maintain successful relationships with co-workers, clients and regulatory agencies
- 4-7 years experience in environmental sciences and BS or MS degree in scientific discipline. Relocation assistance is not provided.