The Buildings & Infrastructure (B&I) Line of Business is a global network of approximately 11,500 employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Our Transportation Infrastructure division is looking to add an experienced Sr. Project Manager (Aviation) to support them nationally in the pursuit and management of airfield related design projects. This position is located in Denver, CO. The primary responsibilities for this role will include:
• Planning, directing, and coordinating the activities of airfield design and construction projects to ensure that goals or objectives of these projects are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters
• Establishing the work plan and multi-disciplinary staffing for each phase of project, and arranges for recruitment or assignment of project personnel
• Directing and coordinating the activities of Project Engineers, Engineers, and Technicians to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget
• Initiating and reviewing proposals as well as, participating in interviews and presentations as applicable
• Maintaining positive relationships with current and past clients as assigned and informing senior management of potential opportunities to market Jacob's airfield design services
• Serving as a representative of Jacobs at meetings, presentations, and public hearings/reviews relative to assigned projects
• Developing, reviewing and obtaining confirmation of financial and project delivery schedule activities of design and construction as they relate to all disciplines involve
• Identifying causes for revisions to projects and whether such changes are billable to the client
• Assuring that project team complies with the contract agreement as well as exercises rigid cost control to implement the approved design within established budget restraints
• Support sales by providing information, input to proposals and assistance with presentations as required.
• Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering
- Registration as a Professional Engineer (civil preferred)
- 20+ years of progressive airfield design experience is required. Experience with ICAO and DOD requirements is a plus.
- Previous sales, business or management experience coupled with knowledge of or regional airport market experience
- Maintain and develop creative solutions for existing clients, developing client-business relationships as well as pursue new clientele opportunities
- Experience with asphalt and concrete pavements is required
- Needs to have a thorough knowledge and understanding of FAA Advisory Circulars
- Must have an ability to utilize computer systems as a tool to effectively manage projects
- Must keep current in the civil engineering specialty through continuing education
- Must have developed the following skills; civil engineering knowledge, leadership, oral and written communication skills, planning, team work, decision making, judgment and problem solving
- Minimum of 10 years' experience as a project manager / project engineer in the preparation of construction documents (plans & specifications) for airfield paving projects (asphalt and concrete).
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.