The Buildings & Infrastructure (B&I) Line of Business is a global network of approximately 11,500 employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
We are hiring a Traffic/ITS Engineer in our Baltimore, MD office to support our growing Traffic/ITS group. The candidate will assist the project manager and/or lead consultant on traffic engineering, transportation planning, and intelligent transportation systems (ITS) projects. Job responsibilities may include:
- Preparation of transportation reports and plans based on project analyses and assessments.
- Coordination and attendance at project meetings with clients, public officials, engineers, planners and transportation system users.
- Traffic data analysis, field collection, and studies to support decisions on transportation systems, policies, and standards.
- Project support in the delivery of technical and analytical services, including analyzing data, conducting research, and utilizing GIS.
- Electrical systems and fiber optic and wireless communications-related tasks.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited school is required, with a focus in Transportation
- 3-5 years of experience in transportation engineering is required
- Strong written/oral communication skills
- Experience supervising work of junior staff is required
- Familiarity with local clients including NYCDOT, Port Authority, and NYSDOT is required
- Proficient in software packages such as Synchro, HCS, Microsoft Office Suite is required
- MS degree and PE is preferred
- Familiarity with transportation simulation and planning level modeling packages including SimTraffic, Vissim, Cube, Tranplan, and Aimsun is preferred
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.