Jacobs Telecommunication has been at the forefront of creating a new generation of wireless communication infrastructure for over 40 years. We specialize in network development and complete telecom life cycle solutions, which has ranked us in ENR's Top 20 Design Firms for the telecommunications sector in 2014. While the wireless world is ever changing, the demand for innovative technology and long term support services remains constant. These services include site acquisition, design and construction, to full operations, maintenance, and deconstruction.
The Telecom Construction Manager is responsible for the project's construction schedule, expenses, and quality and safety. This position also manages the resources performing the construction work including direct reporting staff, matrix staff, and vendor and subcontractor resources.
- Must maintain and enforce the Jacobs Beyond Zero safety program, ensure daily jobsite safety plans are reviewed and followed, and stop work when unsafe work practices or conditions exist
- Able to formulate scopes of work for clients and implement project guidelines
- Interface with the client's engineering team, as well as utilizing the company's engineering and management team for decisions
- Evaluates on site performance regarding construction plans, safety, and progress and communicating results directly with the PM and client.
- Ensures Jacobs Corporate Safety program is in place with all staff and subcontractors and all safety incident or network outage reports are done in a timely manner
- Installs the quality program for Jacobs and subcontractors work, making certain all quality standards are met to customer specifications
- 3+ years of relevant experience required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required
- MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required
- Engineering or technical degree preferred
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Note to Virginia Job Seekers: Jacobs ensures nondiscrimination and equal employment opportunity in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. If you need more information or special assistance for persons with disabilities or limited English proficiency, you may contact us at xxxxxxx xxxxxxx. Persons with hearing-and speech-impairments can contact Jacobs by using the Virginia Relay Service, a toll-free telecommunication device for the deaf (TDD). Call 711 for TTY/TDD.