Jacobs Federal Operations provides a wide range of services to government and industry in engineering, environmental, operations and maintenance, scientific, engineering, environmental and technical services. Our clients include USAF, USACE, DOE, USCG, NASA, Dow, TVA, and Denso. We are currently executing many contracts, performing work that is essential to our clients' missions across a broad range of functional areas.
Provide support to environmental investigation and remediation projects, including all phases of planning, water and soil sampling, data analysis, preparing cost estimates, reporting, and subcontractor oversight and management. The successful candidate will be capable of working effectively in both the office and field and possess an excellent attitude and high aptitude. Strong verbal and written communication skills required. We are looking for an enthusiastic, dependable, self-starting team player who is organized, detailed, and able to work effectively with minimal supervision. Team work and the ability to interact successfully with co-workers, clients and regulatory agencies is a must. The ideal candidate will be willing to travel up to 50% of the time, and often to remote locations.
- BS or MS in an engineering field required
- 5-10 years in related professional experience required
- A valid drivers license is required
- A PE is preferred
- Computer literacy in the basic Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc) along with software literacy in area of discipline (i.e., CAD, PIPEFLO, etc) is preferred
- Experience/familiarity with CERCLA, RCRA, TSCA, SDWA and various DoD branch (ie: USACE, Navy, US Air Force) regulations and reporting requirements a plus
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER and subsequent 8-hour refresher certificate(s) desirable and preferred
- Previous USACE, Navy or Air Force experience preferred
Intermittent sitting, walking, standing, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting, and lifting. Lifting requirements limited to 20 lbs in the form of supplies, drawings, etc. Longest distance carried of 50 feet. Hand manipulation is required for simple grasping, pushing and pulling, and fine manipulation. Right and/or lefts hands utilized. Occasional need to reach and/or work above the shoulder, for supplies, as well as below the shoulder for same. Must be alert to equipment in the field, will work near construction job site equipment when in the field. Occasional need to work near hazardous equipment and machinery, occasional need to walk on uneven ground, exposure to dust, gas or fumes, exposure to noise, extremes in temperature or humidity, and potential work at heights.