Jacobs Federal Operations provides a wide range of services to government and industry in engineering, environmental, operations and maintenance, scientific, engineering, environmental and technical services. Our clients include USAF, USACE, DOE, USCG, NASA, Dow, TVA, and Denso. We are currently executing many contracts, performing work that is essential to our clients' missions across a broad range of functional areas.
We are presently reviewing candidates for the position of Senior Construction Manager responsible to the Project Director and Client for the delivery of construction management services for the $1.65B Spent Fuel Handling Project to be constructed at the Naval Reactor Facility at Idaho National Laboratory in Idaho Falls, ID. Jacobs will have full EPCM responsibility on this project as the prime contractor. Jacobs will function as the Construction Manager utilizing a multi-prime, subcontracting execution strategy with a complete Construction Management Team on site performing all traditional CM services. The Senior Construction Manager will be expected to join the Engineering Team immediately to lead all construction pre-planning activities for a period of approximately 15 months until the CM Team mobilizes to the site to commence construction in October, 2017. This will be a full time position starting in June/July 2016. The anticipated duration for construction is five years with a planned completion date in 2022. The assignment location will have the Construction Manager based in Idaho Falls, Idaho during pre-construction and the construction duration.
- Must have a minimum of 15 years of experience in a construction manager role with increasing project size required
- Vertical construction experience required - site infrastructure, large industrial buildings, heavy civil/structural facilities with stringent installation requirements, large complex and technically sophisticated equipment installation
- U.S. Citizen required (U.S. only, no dual citizenship)
- Legacy Jacobs experience preferred
- Experience with constructing nuclear facilities preferred
- Engineering or Construction Management degree preferred
- Possesses or able to obtain a Class "L" DOE security clearance
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong safety culture and passion for leading safety on all projects
- Good communicator, both verbal and written skills
- Good business acumen
Additional Functions: Will provide leadership to a team which will consist of approximately 25-30 in staff. Will act as a primary point of contact with the client during the construction phase of the project. Must be capable of leading the construction pre-planning team during the design phases of the project. Will hold a leadership role in the pre-qualification, selection and administration of prime subcontractors. Will be the Senior Safety Officer for the project with the overall safety leadership responsibility. Will act as the Jacobs Business Manager for the project with responsibility for the delivery of the construction portion of the project.
U.S. Citizenship required and must be able to obtain a security clearance.