The Buildings & Infrastructure (B&I) Line of Business is a global network of approximately 11,500 employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
At Jacobs our Electrical Buildings Engineer have exceptional design and analysis skills, to plan and design electrical systems for buildings and facilities, including airports, Data Centers, hospitals, laboratories, high rise offices, educational facilities and other commercial and institutional projects
- Provide electrical engineering design for building projects including power, lighting, security, fire alarm, telecommunications, and other low voltage systems.
- Responsibilities include preparation of engineering calculations, drawings, specifications, reports, conduct site visits, review technical documents, and customer contact.
- At times may be responsible for complete project assignments with minimal supervision as well as give directions to support staff to complete a project.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or Architectural Engineering (with an electrical focus) from an ABET accredited program is required. Minimally must have passed FE exam. Professional engineering registration desired. Credentials as a LEED AP or RCDD is a plus.
- Minimum 7-10 years' experience actively designing power, lighting, and low voltage systems for buildings including the use of engineering related software such as SKM Power Tools, ETAP, and AGI Lighting programs.
- Must have experience with AutoCAD and/or Microstation as well as Microsoft Office programs such as Excel, Word, and Outlook. Experience with Revit and/or Triforma software is desirable.
- Must possess familiarity and demonstrated knowledge of the National Electric Code, building codes such as IBC, and energy codes such as ASHRAE 90.1. Strong interpersonal and time management skills required. Self-motivation to coordinate with other disciplines and customers. Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Must be proficient in communicating technical information to engineering and related staff as well as presentation skills to customers.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.