The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Implements the Company's project controls practices, primarily to maintain on schedule completion of the project. Utilizes current Project Controls methods / technologies and the knowledge of other project professionals to establish performance and progress information. Conducts and coordinates periodic training of Project Controls methodologies to project managers. On any project, the individual may act independently, or may direct, as Control Team Leader (CTL), a staff of other Project Controls individuals. Establishes and maintains a working relationship with both internal and external clients.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensures the accuracy of all project schedules for all assigned projects.
• Responsible for the development, analysis, update and improvement of weekly reports for accurate representation of projects.
• Ensures all work assignments are performed in accordance with the latest revision of the Project Controls Practice Manual (PCPM) or other controlling policy or practice.
• Coordinates weekly/monthly project schedule and manpower update meetings as needed.
• Coordinates the development, analysis, update and improvement of weekly reports for accurate representation of projects.
• Attends project / management meetings when applicable.
• Monitor current scheduling processes to insure proper functionality.
• Prepares, implements and monitors the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) for control and integrity of work defined.
• Validates work completed by others to ensure completeness and accuracy of content.
• Forecasts progress and performance in relation to cost / schedule trends to provide both the Client and project management with timely decision making information.
• Assists Unit / Project Management in formulating action plans to avoid cost overruns.
• Conducts analysis of projects to highlight and identify specific problem areas.
• Responsible for coordination and distribution of weekly / monthly reports in a timely manner.
• Performs project analysis reports on an as needed basis.
• Provide master schedule control and detailed CPM scheduling.
• Interact with contractors and design sub consultants to convey milestone requirements and obtain progress information.
• Conduct contractor baseline and update schedule reviews.
• Work with the site team to minimize opportunity for subcontractor claims. Review submitted claims (in collaboration with estimating team) and interface with contractors to resolve.
• Other tasks as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree in business, finance, information technology, construction management or project management is required
• Minimum of 10 years scheduling experience is required
• Experience supporting civil infrastructure or buildings projects is highly preferred
• PSP Certification is preferred.
• Construction experience preferred
• Previous experience with P6 is required
• Requires capabilities in the use of MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Word.
• Requires excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communications skills including oral presentations
• Must have demonstrated ability to quickly master new software systems, especially in the areas of project management.