The Buildings & Infrastructure (B&I) Line of Business is a global network of approximately 11,500 employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
At Jacobs our Electrical Buildings Engineer have exceptional design and analysis skills, to plan and design electrical systems for buildings and facilities, including airports, data centers, hospitals, laboratories, high rise offices, educational facilities and other commercial and institutional projects
- Design full electrical systems, including power, lighting, fire alarm and signaling systems
- Design and perform calculations for lighting systems and associated controls
- Prepare load analysis for different stages of design
- Prepare drawings detailing the system designed
- Prepare basis of design report for the project
- Prepare and document Energy compliance calculations and forms
- Select equipment and fixtures for use in the building
- Coordinate work with engineers of other disciplines and architects
- Attend meetings and communicate with clients to establish their needs and discuss design issues with them
- Monitor quality of work, and interface with clients
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) or Bachelor Degree in Architectural Engineering (BSAE) required
- PE required
- Six plus years working for a MEP firm required
- Proficient in Revit, 3D CADD required
- Experience working on data center, power, VPS systems, generator systems and medium voltage distribution projects preferred
- Attitude of taking independent initiative, exhibiting creative problem-solving, eagerness to learn, while remaining dedicated to teamwork preferred
- LEED AP preferred
- Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering preferred
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.