The Buildings & Infrastructure (B&I) Line of Business is a global network of approximately 11,500 employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
The primary duties of the Civil Engineer are to serve in a technical role, under the direction of a Project Manager on the engineering development of detailed engineering designs for civil/site/highway projects. Project involvement will range from site feasibility analysis to final design and through the construction phase and will require application of design standards for major agencies in New York City/State region. The ideal candidate will be flexible and able to work as an integral part of the Civil/Highway group and work on a variety of projects.
• Bachelors of Science in Civil Engineering is required
• EIT certificate required; NY PE desirable
• At least 4 years experience in civil/highway design is required
• NYEDC / NYCDDC / NYCDOT / NYSDOT / NYS Thruway Authority / PANY&NJ experience preferred
• Demonstrated hands-on experience in use of CADD softwares (Microstation, AutoCAD, Inroads, Civil 3D) for development of contract documents.
• MS Office knowledge required. A working knowledge of MS Project is a plus
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Strong time management and attention to detail
• A mind-set and commitment to excel professionally
• Ability to multi-task and independently prioritize workload while adhering to company guidelines
• Work closely with other staff in other departments that may not be within the same office.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.