JACOBS is one of the world's largest and most diverse providers of technical and management services. We offer a full-spectrum of consultancy support to commercial, government and industrial clients across many sectors.
Our Sustainable Solutions business provides a focus for advising our clients on sustainability issues including renewable energy, low carbon economies, impacts of climate change and waste and resource management. Our environmental capabilities comprise of in excess of 700 staff based predominantly in the UK, but with reach into the Middle East
To meet our growing UK business needs and future development aspirations we are looking for a Principal/Technical Director to drive forward the Building Acoustics side of our business.
The successful person will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities
As a Principal/Technical Director Acoustician you will help to lead in the development of our building acoustics capability, but there are also opportunities for involvement in environmental acoustics projects.
Responsibilities will include:
- Briefing, planning, delivery and technical quality of a range of building acoustics projects
- Provide advice direct to external clients and internal clients.
- Build upon and develop relationships with both existing internal and external clients.
- The development of the Acoustics business.
- First degree in relevant subject (2.1 Hons minimum), Second degree in a relevant subject
- Experience of bidding/tendering for internal and external opportunities and strong commercial awareness
- Excellent verbal and written communications and presentation skills
- Ability to influence engineers to arrive at sustainable solutions
- Ability to work effectively in teams to tight deadlines and budgets
- Ability to coordinate and manage geographically dispersed teams
- Proven Project Management/Director experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills and confidence when interacting with others
- Engagement and negotiation with statutory agencies
- Highly developed report writing skills, and excellent communication skills
- The ability to take the initiative and have the necessary skills to aid the delivery of a variety of projects within a multi-disciplined organisation
- Strong collaborative skills and experience of working within a multi-disciplinary team
- Commercial awareness with good client facing skills and the ability to price work, evaluate risk and prepare proposals
- Experience in building acoustics to enable development of this business stream
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.