The Buildings & Infrastructure (B&I) Line of Business is a global network of approximately 11,500 employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
The commissioning specialist is the on-site representative for Jacobs' Commissioning Authority. Along with any supporting staff, the Cx Specialist will manage and direct all commissioning related activities to include construction observation site visits, construction progress meetings, testing (QA/QC, Functional Performance), Training, equipment and systems start-up. Other duties will include the following;
- Lead and Organize On site Construction Contractors Commissioning Team
- Provide Communications for on-site Contractor, A/E, and Owner. Good Communications a must.
- Proficient skills in Current Microsoft Office programs. Excel, Word, Power Point and Project
- Assist CxA with Schedule of Activities
- Monitor Construction Schedule Activities
- On site Construction Observations
- Develop Reports for Construction Observation
- Attend Meetings as required
- Document Meeting notes to CxA
- Assist CxA with Design Reviews
- Witness Contractor Equipment On Site Start up activities
- Develop Reports for Start up activities
- Witness Contractor QA/QC testing activities
- Document Contractor QA/QC testing activities
- Review and Verify Pre-Functional Construction Checklists
- Document Findings of PFCs
- Review functional performance testing documents developed by the CxA
- Witness Functional Performance Testing for all commissioned Systems.
- Document FPTs for CxA
- Provide documentation for issues log
- Track issues log
- Witness seasonal (Deferred) testing
- Document Results of seasonal (Deferred) testing
- Attend and participate in post construction (warranty phase) meeting
- Assist CxA with development of systems manual and Cx report
- Perform hands on functional performance testing when required
- Analyze systems performance using testing instrumentation
- Must be a technical school graduate or have a Bachelors of Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- Industry recognized Cx certification a plus
- At least 3 years of working knowledge of MEP and integrated control systems is required
- Proficient in MS Office Suites and MS Project
- Multi Disciplined preferred but not required
- Some travel required
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.