The Buildings & Infrastructure (B&I) Line of Business is a global network of approximately 11,500 employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Jacobs provides dynamic management consulting services to a variety of clients including Federal and state governments, airports, K-12 schools and higher education. Our consulting practice engages with clients at all levels to develop and implement sustainable and efficient asset management strategies. This role reports to a Senior Consultant, Operations Manager, or Managing Principal.
Lead integrated, multi-disciplined teams and work independently providing a wide array of consulting services focusing on asset management. Asset management consulting services focus on life cycle management and the performance of assets and their ability to achieve organizational goals and objectives. Principally the focus will be on facility and infrastructure assets, but may also include financial and technology assets. Types of services include, but are not limited to life cycle analysis, maintenance analysis, development and improvement of maintenance programs, capital analysis, capital program management and analysis, planning/strategic planning, visioning, policy development, business process development, market studies, stakeholder analysis, technology needs assessments, failure mode and effects analysis, root cause analysis, use and utilization studies, economic analysis, risk analysis, development of decision support systems, real property and real estate studies, financial analysis, resource management support and analysis, human resource studies, development and use of key performance indicators, change management, business case analysis, and technical studies. The employee will be a part of the leadership team and will have other roles supporting business development, strategy development, project management, program managements, leadership, communications, market studies, and client facing responsibilities as assigned.
The employee must be a self- starter, have strong interpersonal skills, be comfortable with ambiguity (especially with respect to providing change management consulting services), have demonstrated critical thinking skills, and be able to work assignments and lead team autonomously or semi-autonomously for temporary or extended periods of time.
- BS in Engineering, Finance, Economics, Planning, Computer Science, Mathematics, or similar fields is required
- Credentials relating to facility maintenance, design, engineering, planning, project/program management, and acquisition management
- Minimum 20 years' experience in facility planning, design, construction, construction management, facility management, facility asset management, economics, finance, or information technology fields
- Minimum 10 years' experience leading multidiscipline teams
- Minimum 10 years' experience as a project manager
- Minimum 5 years' experience working with design, construction, maintenance or asset management software systems such as computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS), computerized aided facility management (CAFM) systems, enterprise asset management (EAM) systems, geospatial information management (GIS), building information modeling (BIM), computer aided design (CAD), financial information systems (FIS), or integrated workplace management systems (IWMS)
This assignment will be located at the Jacobs office in Arlington, VA, or may involve temporary assignments working from client offices within the Washington, DC area
Willing to travel up to 75% of the time, travel locations may vary and could at times require working up to a few weeks at a time from a temporary location outside of the Washington DC/Arlington VA commuting area
- Masters' degree is preferred
- Experience developing and implementing organizational change preferred
- Strong leadership, team building and interpersonal skills preferred
- Federal Secret Clearance or above preferred
- Professional affiliations and certificates preferred
- Ability to meet federal standards to satisfactorily obtain:
- A federal government Common Access Card (CAC)
- A clean National Agency Check with Inquires (NACI) Clearance
- A clean Financial and Criminal Background Check
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.