The Buildings & Infrastructure (B&I) Line of Business is a global network of approximately 11,500 employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Jacobs is seeking a Tunnel Engineer to support the Boston, MA office.
- Structural analysis of underground structures, coordinating with other engineering groups for tunnel design.
- Demonstrate a range of technical capabilities with the experience of tunnel lining design, development of contract documents (plans, and specifications), knowledge of various methods of tunnel construction in soft ground and hard rock.
- Exhibit a high degree of oral and written communication skills and be able to develop non-standard solutions.
- 10-15 years of related experience is required
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering is required
- Master's Degree in Structural Engineering or Geotechnical Engineering is preferred
- Registered PE is required
- Able to lead underground structure design and analysis independently is required
- Able to develop structural plans and specifications with minimal supervision is required
- Excellent analytical and technical writing skills is required
- Knowledge of tunnel construction methods is required
- Finite element modeling experience; PLAXIS and/or FLAC is preferred
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Jacobs does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by country, regional or local law.