We are actively searching for qualified candidates for this potential opportunity. We are currently identifying candidates for this future effort. This position is contingent upon contract award of SITEC II to Jacobs.
Intro: The United States Special Operations Command (USSOCOM) requires comprehensive worldwide information technology (IT) support to operate and maintain the Special Operations Forces (SOF) Information Enterprise (SIE). The SIE provides support from the garrison level out to forward-deployed tactical operators and sensors worldwide. In pursuit of these requirements, USSOCOM, its Component Commands, TSOCs, and deployed forces are deploying the Special Operations Forces Network (SOFNET). The deployment of the SOFNET is instrumental to achieving the Commander's Vision of a Global SOF Network that provides strategic options for our national leaders and supported Global Combatant Commanders through a worldwide network that fully integrates our military, interagency and international partners with aligned structures, processes and authorities. The services provided by SITEC II will be a key enabler for over 69,700 users operating in approximately 75 countries.
Z-Mobility Network Engineer (Service Lead) Job Description: S pecific subject matter experts (SMEs) are required by USSOCOM to enhance their IT planning for future operations. These individuals will have superior knowledge in general systems engineering, as well as specific fields of expertise, and be adept with IT, major datacenter operations, and network defense. Candidate will be assigned to HQ USSOCOM, MacDill Air Force Base, FL., but may be required to perform some travel in both CONUS and OCONUS.
The Service Lead for Mobility Services will work in direct support of the government service owner for Mobility Services. Mobility Services includes mobility devices and mobility servers. As such, the Service Lead will be the focal point for this service and perform the following tasks:
- Define service from a day-to-day operations perspective; establish standards for their service
- Build operational Operations and Maintenance (O&M) checklists to maintain the service (daily, weekly, monthly, yearly O&M checklists); build Tactics, Techniques and Processes (TTPs) and Standard Operating Processes (SOPs) associated with service checklists
- Daily execution and oversight of service
- Subject Matter Expert of current state and interface with Modernization branch for future enhancements of service
- Oversight of vulnerability and remediation process associated with the service
Additionally, as a Network engineer, the candidate will perform tier three network support in accordance with the SIE OPORD. Network Engineers must be detail-oriented and have in-depth knowledge of networking hardware and software. Extensive experience in areas such as network design and implementation, LAN/WAN interfacing, security, Internet protocols and TCP/IP, as well as server and network infrastructure is required. Candidates for the NE tests and analyzes elements of network facilities, including power, software, security features, communications devices, communications lines, modems, and terminals and is responsible for the overall integration of the enterprise network. The NE is also responsible for planning, modeling, simulation, design, installation, maintenance, management and coordination of the network. The NE monitors and controls the performance and status of network resources by using software and hardware tools, as well as by identifying and diagnosing complex problems and factors affecting network performance. The NE keeps his or her technical skills updated and studies vendor products to determine those which best meet the Government's needs. The NE provides guidance and direction for junior network support technicians.
- Engineering enterprise data, voice and video networks
- Establishing and operating network test facilities
- Maintaining a secure transfer of data to multiple locations via internal and external networks
- Working with vendors, the Government, carriers, and technical staff on network implementation, optimization and ongoing management
- Providing high-level support and technical expertise in networking technology, including LAN/WAN hardware, switches, bridges and routers
- Must have good communication skills, shows tact, effective listening skills, follow through and anticipates questions while being prepared with answers or follow-up.
- The ability to work independently with little to no supervision researching new technologies or comparing technologies to meet the customers need while providing an unbiased opinion.
- Candidate must be a team player and be able to follow processes and procedures.
- Self-disciplined, self-starter, professional who can successfully bring projects to closure with minimum direction, guidance and oversight.
Minimum Education/Experience Requirements Must possess eight (8) years of increasingly complex and progressive experience in computer systems and network engineering, including two (2) years of specialized experience related to the candidate's assigned task.
- CCNP Routing and Switching
- IAT Level II certification
Must have the ability to obtain TS/SCI required.
Work will be performed in a cubical environment inside a large facility. Will require some travel to CONUS and OCONUS Special Operations locations depending on requests by the customer. May be required to attend off site meetings.
Sitting at desk. Phone use and PC or laptop. Filing required. May require lifting and carrying boxes of supplies or files up to 25 lbs. Extended periods of sitting while on PC/laptop or phone.
Equipment and Machines
General office equipment, which includes: telephone, fax machine, copier, PC/laptop, and other miscellaneous office equipment. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite is required.
Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is mandatory. Work assignments dependent on requirements by the client. It is important to be able to work at least 8 hours a day for 5 days per week (Monday through Friday). Normal working hours will be day shift, 0800 to 1700, Monday through Friday.
Other Essential Functions
Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation. Must be well organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously. Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. Must be able to interface effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization. Grooming and dress usually business casual, but dependent on client's standards. Must not pose a safety hazard to employees working in the same general area.
The position for which you are interviewing requires a US government security clearance. This is to advise you, that should you be extended an offer, if you possess a dual citizenship (i.e., citizen of the US and another country), in order to be granted a clearance you will be required to relinquish your citizenship in the foreign country.