The Buildings & Infrastructure (B&I) Line of Business is a global network of approximately 11,500 employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Our team is experiencing exciting growth within our established practice and we have a need for a new Construction Inspector to join our team. This person will inspect construction methods and workmanship to ensure that contractors build roadways, bridges, traffic signals and related highway structures in accordance with plans and specifications. Perform work related to transportation engineering activities such as laboratory tests, design data collection, construction record-keeping and traffic control inspection. Employee at this level performs work independently on assignments; however, all unusual issues are referred to the supervisor.
Jacobs Engineering Group is looking to hire a Track Inspector to be based in our Philadelphia, PA office for upcoming railroad construction projects involving inspection of new tracks and switches.
The Track Inspector will report to a site Construction Manager/Resident Engineer.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Daily monitoring of work by the construction contractor.
• Prepare daily Inspector Reports.
• Verify and document that all work is being constructed in accordance with project specifications and plans.
• Report and document non-conforming work.
• Create a Beyond Zero site safety culture.
• A minimum of five years of prior experience as a track inspector is required
• Experience directly related to track configurations and railroad signaling required
• Demonstrated ability to read and interpret construction plans and specifications required
• Valid Driver's license with the willingness and means to travel to construction sites in the Philadelphia / Delaware Valley area, including southeastern Pennsylvania, southern NJ and Delaware is required
• Ability to meet the established fitness for duty requirements. Physical ability to traverse construction sites having rough terrain to inspect the work, including climbing ladders and scaffolding is required
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook software is preferred.
• Strong documentation and communication skills is preferred.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.