The Buildings & Infrastructure (B&I) Line of Business is a global network of approximately 11,500 employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Denver, CO has an opportunity for a Drainage/Water Resources Manager. In this role, the successful candidate will manage staff and projects involving the routine aspects of civil engineering assignments, subsequently providing familiarity with the programs, staff, and operating procedures of the company.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for overseeing and reviewing work performed by staff including civil design calculations, computer modeling, detailing, and plan set production for roadway, drainage, water quality and utilities projects with an emphasis on hydrology and hydraulics.
• Responsible for project management of multi-discipline projects.
• Coordinates project assignments with staff from multiple discipline groups.
• Reviews drawings supplied by vendors, clients, and engineers and recommends necessary changes.
• Researches design manuals and regulations for City, State, and County projects.
• Researches design options and documents findings in reports.
• Assist in proposal writing and marketing of future projects.
• Assist in making connections with clients and soliciting of future projects.
• Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering is required.
• A PE Certification is required.
• Minimum 15 years' experience in drainage and water resources design and project management.
• Experience designing highway/freeway drainage systems.
• Experience with hydrology and hydraulics for river based models.
• Experience with water quality analysis and design.
• Experience managing staff and projects.
• Local project and client experience and interactions, for clients such as CDOT, CCD, and Urban Drainage.