The Buildings & Infrastructure (B&I) Line of Business is a global network of approximately 11,500 employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
This is an exciting opportunity for a seasoned Senior Systems Engineer/ITS Traffic Engineer located in Denver, CO that has a minimum of 15 years of experience, PE preferred, to work on Connected Vehicles (CV)/ITS projects. Work includes planning, developing, researching, applying, and deploying CV technologies. Working knowledge of the systems engineering process including concept of operations, system requirements, and systems architecture required.
- Acts as part of a team of professionals on multiple projects. Ability to identify and solve design challenges is required.
- Prepares feasibility studies, proposals (Project Approach) and reports.
- Representing Jacobs at meetings, presentations, and stakeholder meetings relative to assigned projects.
- Interacts with team members and assists in the coordination of work among engineers and detailers.
- Assists with feasibility studies and analysis of complex systems & networks.
- Performs other duties as required.
- May lead program review meetings, and interact with clients as his or her level of experience progresses
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent is required
- At least 15 years Systems Engineering and/or ITS traffic engineering experience required
- CDOT experience preferred
- Knowledge of transportation/traffic fundamentals required
- Licensed as a Professional Engineer (PE)/PTOE is preferred but not required
- Demonstrated strong written and oral communication skills is required
- Connected vehicle experience preferred
- Project management/program management a plus.
- Vendor experience a plus.
- US Citizenship Required
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.