Jacobs is one of the world's largest and most diverse providers of professional technical services to industrial, commercial and government clients. With over 60,000 employees across the globe we're continuing to grow our business every year.
We are looking for talented people to join us across the UK and Ireland to continue our focus on building relationships and delighting our clients (90% of our business is repeat business). In return we have opportunities to work on unique and exciting projects, and a stable platform upon which to develop your career.
Jacobs is creating an enviable reputation in the UK highways consultancy sector as a result of a portfolio of high profile projects with the Highways agency, Contractors and Local Authorities. And our plans to add to this portfolio continue. So would you like to be a member of our exciting team?
- Reporting to the Project Manager, you will work and lead a team of engineers and technicians working on a variety of projects.
- You will be responsible for the preparation of feasibility studies, scheme reports, scheme design for highways, drainage, flooding and a variety of other projects.
- You will be responsible for resolving technical issues as they occur for a range of areas across the project and for the monitoring of progress.
- You will be expected to attend progress meetings, public exhibitions and public inquiries as necessary.
- You will need to check and approve documentation prepared by others in the team, this will involve short timescales and delivery.
- A degree in Civil Engineering.
- CEng/IEng and MICE status or equivalent.
- Proven experience of most aspects of highway schemes.
- Confident with proven interpersonal and communication skills.
- Thorough understanding of DMRB standards.
- Capable of managing a challenging workload subject to change at short notice.
- Good IT skills
- Driving licence
- Communication skills (Ability to converse articulately with clients)
- Knowledge of the financial management and control of projects.
- Able to produce well-presented and accurate reports.
- MX/3D Cad proficient, and/or drainage design capabilities (WINDES or equivalent)
- Experience of construction supervision.
- Good working knowledge of different contract types and procurement options.
We offer a competitive package which includes a Pension and Life Assurance Scheme and the opportunity to participate in our Flexible Benefits programme which offers up to 29 days holiday per annum and a range of additional benefits.
JACOBS is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.