Our Nationwide Global Buildings Design team consists of 2500 professionals focused on leadership in technology, process innovation, and sustainability. Jacobs ranks #1 in the Engineering/Architecture, Construction Management, and BIM-Engineering categories; and is also leading Engineering Design firm in the Healthcare, Data Center, University, Government and Corporate Commercial sector. We provide award winning planning, architecture, interior design, engineering, construction management, program management, and design-build of new buildings; as well as expansion, renovation and refurbishment of existing facilities for public and private sector clients. Our collaborative approach allows us successfully deliver fully integrated professional services for a broad range of clients and project types worldwide.
THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN ALBANY NY.
Plans and designs water, gas, and sewage systems, filtration, water treatment plants, grading and site layout for State buildings and institutions. Conducts site inspections for a variety of civil engineering projects such as buildings, site development, roadways, landfills, utilities, etc. Reviews civil or sanitary engineering reports, bid documents, specifications and estimates prepared by consulting engineers. Prepares designs, specifications and estimates. Managing scope, schedule, and costs to ensure timely and cost effective delivery of projects for client agencies. Advise clients and OGS staff on appropriate subsurface investigations during project design and construction. Provide peer reviews of reports and bid documents prepared by consulting engineers. Reviews contractor shop drawings and submittals, responds to RFI's, and review contractor change proposals during construction. May supervise a small team of junior level staff. Temporary travel is required (10-20%).
• Bachelors of Science Degree in Civil Engineering is required. Masters of science or Masters of Engineering in geotechnical engineering specialty is preferred.
• The successful candidate must possess a minimum of 4 years of related Civil or environmental engineering experience.
• The position requires strong working knowledge and educational background in land development, site design, storm water management, drainage, grading, and utility and infrastructure design as well as sound problem solving, organization and communication skills. Working knowledge of relevant provisions of the New York State Building Code.
• Registration as a professional engineer in the New York State, relevant consulting and /or public sector experience, and familiarity with civil engineering and modeling software preferred.
• Valid Driver's license required.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.