Jacobs Engineering Group, Inc. is a leading global engineering, procurement, construction, and services company, we support the energy, government services, minerals, civil infrastructure, power, industrial, and commercial markets worldwide. With more than 60,000+ employees around the world, we deliver top-quality service in architecture and engineering, procurement, construction, operations and maintenance, logistics and project management.
Jacobs is seeking a Corporate License Manager that has experience with obtaining, maintaining and managing construction contractor, architectural and engineering licenses nationwide. Functional job responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Coordination with state licensing boards for all licensing requirements specific to a given state and local licenses.
• Provide direction to others within Jacobs who have supporting roles in license management, including:
o Maintenance and requirements of various state and local construction licenses, including plumbing (piping), mechanical, electrical, HVAC, fire sprinkler systems etc.
o Maintenance and requirements of architectural licenses
o Maintenance and requirements of engineering licenses
• Will be expected to refine and expand current corporate license management systems working with HR and IT.
• Will also work with various business lines to provide guidance and responding to questions related to corporate qualifiers.
• Will need the interpersonal skills necessary to attract potential license qualifiers from the ranks of the operations groups.
• Will be involved in corporate acquisitions with regard to license issues.
• The successful candidate should have more than five years of experience in license related work, either as an attorney or paralegal, and will be experienced in researching license information nationwide.
• Should be extremely well organized and have the ability to oversee large complex document management systems.
• Computer literate.
• Must be able to communicate and interface with the legal department, as well as operations groups, in explaining legal requirements on licensure.
- A law degree with superior academic credentials and will have obtained an undergraduate degree from a college or university of recognized standing required
- The candidate will be licensed and in good standing to practice law in at least one state within the United States without any instances of suspension, revocation, censure or other adverse events in any jurisdiction required
- A minimum of 5 years' experience as a lawyer and manager, preferably in the construction and engineering business, with at least 3 years of an appropriate mix of in-house and law firm exposure required
- Experience within a multi-domestic business is preferred
- Experience in the management of claims and litigation with skill in cost-effective management of outside resources preferred
- Risk management and assessment experience preferred
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills preferred
- Effective negotiation skills where a maintaining client relationship is paramount preferred
- Knowledge of current issues of corporate governance, compliance and disclosure preferred
- Understanding of broader legal and business ramifications of any given issue and ability to articulate the risk to the management team preferred
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.