The Buildings & Infrastructure (B&I) Line of Business is a global network of approximately 11,500 employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Jacobs is seeking a planning and environmental professional to support the transportation sector as well as other sectors in the infrastructure market. The candidate will work independently and collaboratively to deliver planning and environmental compliance projects. The candidate will be responsible to author and prepare technical reports including environmental compliance documents, including analysis of social, economic and natural resource data to be used in developing and analyzing alternatives under National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) and related federal, state and local environmental laws and regulations. The candidate will also be part of a consultant team and will be actively involved with proposal preparation and the pursuit of work from clients across the transportation and planning industry. The candidate will be able to communicate and garner client relationships as part of project teams. The candidate will function in a support role on projects and may conduct public and agency involvement tasks. This position involves working as a part of a team of people to support a variety of infrastructure projects both in this region and other regions.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a collaborative team of professionals
- Ability to work independently and prioritize workload to meet project deadlines
- Ability to travel locally and nationally to support project work
- Exceptional technical writing and verbal skills
- Demonstrated ability to visually prepare graphical displays to support technical documentation and communicate technical data to the public or other team members
- Working knowledge of NEPA as applied to transportation projects
- Working knowledge of data repositories and ability to collect desktop data for NEPA analyses with minimal oversight
- Working knowledge of Section 4(f) of the Department of Transportation Act, Section 106 of the National Historic Preservation Act, Executive Order xxxxxxx, Section 7 of the Endangered Species Act, and Clean Water Act (CWA) requirements
- Ability to review and interpret preliminary design and construction plans
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high client satisfaction and garner client commendations
- BS, MS, or MURP in planning, environmental science, environmental law, or relevant field is required
- Minimum 4 years of experience in planning, environmental analysis, and/or transportation studies is required
- Valid driver's license and safe driving record
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.