The Buildings & Infrastructure (B&I) Line of Business is a global network of approximately 11,500 employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated leadership qualities and the ability to guide and supervise the delivery of contract documents for public sector transportation projects with the NYSDOT, New York State Thruway Authority, NYCDDC, NYCEDC, and the PANY and NJ.
- Establish work plans and staffing for each phase of a project and arrange for recruitment or assignment of project personnel.
- Develop/implement project plans/methodologies for complex multi-discipline projects.
- Confer with project staff to provide technical guidance; outline work plan; assign duties; responsibilities; and resolve problems.
- Direct, coordinate, and supervise activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Coordinate and be responsible for inter-disciplinary design requirements, technical accuracy, and delivery of milestone activities.
- Coordinate project activities with activities of government regulatory or other governmental agencies.
- Manage the scope, schedule, budget, and quality of transportation tasks and/or projects
- Prepare scopes of work, schedules, and cost estimates for proposals.
- Provide leadership and direction by mentoring and motivating staff.
- Develop and maintain client relations to ensure satisfaction.
- Assist Group Manager in the development of new business, marketing to potential and existing clients
- Bachelors of Science in Civil Engineering is required
- Professional Registration (PE) in New York is required
- At least 10 years of highway engineering and project management experience is required
- Documented experience preparing and leading the development of plans, specifications, cost estimates, and construction schedules for multi-disciplinary transportation projects for public agencies is required
- Design experience and management of NYS DOT/ NYS Thruway Authority/ NYCDDC/ NYCEDC/ PANY and NJ design projects is required
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office products
- Must be knowledgeable of technical software's used in highway design including MicroStation, InRoads and AutoCAD.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to prepare professional well-written proposals, reports, and engineering project documents
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.