JACOBS is one of the worlds largest and most diverse providers of technical and management services. We offer a full-spectrum of consultancy support to commercial, government and industrial clients across many sectors.
Within our Transport Planning Business we have an opportunity for an experienced Senior Economist.
The successful person will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities.
The purpose of this role is to (1) secure work from clients and (2) lead and manage projects within the team on a range of assignments across all modes of transport.
Candidates should have extensive relevant experience working in public or private sector. Good written and verbal communication skills and high levels of numeracy are essential.
The role is based in the UK at our London New City Court office. Willingness to travel and work overseas for short periods important. Essential
- Experience and competence in winning work and developing client relationships
- Ability to deliver high quality technical work to budget and timescale
- Excellent data analytical skills
- Good report and proposal writing skills
- Good interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills including managing junior staff
- Must be familiar with all aspects of WebTAG and be experienced in applying it on a wide range of schemes
- Must have experience of managing DfT compliant five case business cases
- Experience in bidding for government and other funding for a range of transport schemes
Jacobs is an equal opportunities employer and committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.
- Understanding of local transport policy, and procedures and DfT, local authority and TfL governance and practices
- Rail franchising
- Revenue forecasting for privately funded infrastructure projects
- Providing regulatory advice
- Quantifying wider economic impacts
- Managing grant/funding applications
- Undertaking World Bank or similar international projects
- We also work closely with colleagues in energy, environment and waste and experience and willingness to work in these areas would be beneficial.