The Buildings & Infrastructure (B&I) Line of Business is a global network of approximately 11,500 employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
We are currently seeking Senior Signal Technical Specialists for a commuter rail project in Boston, MA.
- Supporting MBTA technical and inspection staff as well as monitoring and oversight of contractor work.
- Must be available for occasional weekend and overnight hours.
- Intimate knowledge of the MBTA's entire commuter rail signal system is required .
- A minimum 25 years of experience in railroad signal field is required.
- Must possess a comprehensive understanding of MBTA commuter rail operations, signal safety systems, and FRA requirements.
- Technical skills require expertise and complete understanding of Signal systems design, construction and maintenance.
- Position is predominately field work with occasional travel
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are necessary
- Strong time management and attention to detail
- US Citizenship required
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.