Jacobs serves the PharmaBio, Chemicals, Refining, Pulp & Paper, Power & Utilities, High Tech and Consumer Products Industries. Our core life sciences network has contributed to becoming the largest provider of engineering and construction services to pharmaceutical and biotechnology clients and we have established ourselves as the center of excellence for Pulp and Paper facilities. Jacobs provides full-service engineering, procurement, and construction management services for both new and existing facilities, offering environmental and water / wastewater support, energy audits, and hygienic / sanitary assessments. For projects of every scale we provide design, engineering, construction, commissioning, and maintenance services that support a facility's entire life cycle.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the complete piping design of a small area of a project with minimal supervision.
- Reports administratively to the department manager and functionally to the piping discipline lead on the assigned project.
- Develops the design and drafting of complex piping drawings given basic information such as P&ID's, GA's, piping specifications, equipment arrangement drawings, etc.
- Performs field design work to ascertain current conditions.
- Provides technical direction to 1 or 2 piping designers.
- Prepares material take-offs from piping sketches for construction estimates.
- Interacts with internal and external personnel on matters of significant importance.
- Uses computer-aided design equipment and/or graphic tools: Gathers information, makes studies, performs calculations, and prepares original rough layouts and sketches to present design proposal.
- Responsible for accurately forecasting the hours required to complete work activities.
- 5-8 years of experience required; drafting/design and related coursework, BS reduces experience requirement by 1-2 years
- Proficient use of AutoCad and Microstation software
- Proficient use on 3D software such as PDS and Smart Plant 3D
- Proficient use of MS Word, Excel and Mail
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.