JACOBS ENGINEERING INC. is one of the world's largest and most diverse providers of technical, professional and construction services. We are led by our simple yet essential core values; People are our Greatest Asset, We are Relationship-Based and Growth is an Imperative. Our Culture of Care along with our core values form a solid foundation upon which our business is built.
JACOBS currently employs 60,000 people in 250 offices across 30 countries. Our Mainland European Region has been a key contributor to Jacobs' strong performance providing services to primarily in-region clients in a variety of industries. Over the past two years we have been working on further growing our business by supporting current clients in new regions and attracting new clients. This growth is adding larger, international projects to our portfolio. We are at the point where we need talented people to help us continue this exciting growth. Within our Engineering area we are looking for an
AUTOMATION & CONTROL ENGINEER Jr
who will be responsible for a variety of engineering tasks in the field of automation, mainly on pharmaceutical plants, successfully applying fundamental concepts, practices and procedures to support engineering.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and finalize the technical specs and carry out the follow up with the supplier, according to the specifications issued.
- Support the Process Engineering in the activities of specification and follow up of pharmaceutical machinery.
- Develop estimates of investment for the automation area.
- Perform engineering tasks using established procedures, these include, but are not limited to, equipment selection, schematic design, system layout, cost estimation and system documentation.
- Develop and implement control and automation solutions based upon cause and effect documentation, P&IDs, control narrative and an understanding of the environment.
- Insure accuracy and reliability of instrumentation, control and safety systems.
This function may require international travel.
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering, Control Systems or Instrumentation.
- Minimum of 2 years working experience in similar position required, coming from engineering companies.
- Ability to read and understand schematic diagrams, P&ID prints, and control systems.
- Fluent knowledge of English language, German language knowledge could be an asset
- Must have working knowledge of a wide variety of software packages, operating systems and equipment.
- Ability to effectively manage priorities while working with various types of people