Our UK buildings group is involved with an unusually diverse range of projects that include hi-tech, industrial, research, aviation, rail, education, infrastructure, and defence both within the UK and overseas. The group works closely with a range of in house services to bring a unique blend of technical excellence and truly single source capability to clients.
Our integrated design teams are shifting the emphasis of building design for our clients from a single discipline mindset to one of fully integrated thinking; working enthusiastically and seamlessly across disciplines using BIM and other tools to deliver high value sustainable solutions
The role of Principal Designer is executed by Jacobs as a competent organisation through a project-specific Lead Designer and CDM Advisor (CDMA), delivering the service with support from the whole design team as required. The role of the CDMA is as follows:
Reporting to the Built Environment Head of Safety
- Working with the Jacobs Lead Designer on the projects where Jacobs are appointed as Principal Designer to ensure that we comply with legal duties under the regulations.
- Ensuring project compliance with the requirement of the Jacobs Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Safe Working Instructions (SWI's) associated with delivery of the service.
- Providing safety and CDM advice to Design Teams where Jacobs are not appointed as the Principal Designer, to ensure that we comply with the legal duties of Designer under the regulations.
- Provision of CDM advice and support to Clients and other partner organisations where we are appointed as CDM Advisors.
- Provision of CDMA support to other Lines of Business within Jacobs where particular skills and experience may be relevant.
- Development of CDMA Design Input Statements for individual projects.
- Monitoring and managing time/costs associated with delivery of the CDMA service to each project, liaising with the Project Manager as necessary.
- Reporting to the BE Head of Safety on workload, progress and providing input to sales opportunities/bids as called upon.
- Undertaking of CPD relevant to maintaining competence and the requirement of professional institutions as well as the mandatory training requirements for Jacobs employees.
- Membership of APS with IMaPS grade membership or equivalent
- Health and Safety Qualification - NEBOSH Construction Certificate or equivalent
- Construction related qualification - Design or Construction management disciplines
- Chartered level construction design discipline
- BOHS P405 Management of Asbestos qualification
- Demonstrable experience in a CDM role, either CDM-C, Principal Designer of CDM Advisor.
- Experience of working with full multi-discipline design teams
- Working with Clients, Sub-consultants and Contractors, ensuring design collaboration and co-operation across the whole project.
- Basic working knowledge of BIM and other best practice design technologies
- Experience of working in some or all of the following sectors:
- Local Government
- Central Government
- Further and Higher Education
- Good ICT skills in MS Office package
- Good writing skills for preparation of documents, reports, etc
- Full clean driving licence
- Willingness to travel on business
Our clients want the real thing, and so do we. Join Jacobs, one of the Most Admired Companies in the industry. What sets us apart is our absolute belief in the power of you. Visit xxxxxxx for an opportunity to build your world.
Jacobs is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to the safety and well-being of all.