Our UK buildings group is involved with an unusually diverse range of projects that include hi-tech, industrial, research, aviation, rail, education, infrastructure, and defence both within the UK and overseas. The group works closely with a range of in house services to bring a unique blend of technical excellence and truly single source capability to clients.
- You are based in the London Tower bridge office in the Southern UK region where Jacobs has a growing MEP team.
- Managing MEP BIM/CAD resource in southern region
- You will collaborate, support and assist with cross-regional and cross-functional projects within Jacobs
- You will report to the leadership team for MEP for the southern region + the UK MEP BIM Sector Lead.
You will work effectively and collaboratively as part of a co-located enthusiastic, talented, forward thinking team responsible for strategy, implementation, administration and support of design applications and technology used in the Buildings business stream.
Expected to support and work on major buildings projects and company initiatives to ensure teams can work efficiently and deliver an exceptional service to our clients. Mentoring will be provided on current Buildings group processes and workflows.
In the role of MEP BIM Coordinator you will be working in an exciting, rewarding environment and utilize a number of skills.
This will include (but are not limited to):
- Working on hands on project delivery
- Liaison with the business to understand and meet business requirements
- Support Jacobs values, key goals and policies
- Provide a culture of caring by creating a safe, enjoyable and productive environment for all Jacobs personnel
- Having frequent face-to-face meetings with project teams
- Providing Design Authoring Tools support for local projects
- Assist in the development of standards, workflows, processes, procedures, and guidelines for efficient working methods within project teams
- Proactively learn and train staff members on new technologies
- Promote and facilitate global standardization, alignment and use of Jacobs tools and standard work processes.
- Establish and maintain effective cross-functional business partnership and alignment across all levels of the organization.
- Working with our integrated delivery teams globally utilising work share processes and developing solutions to drive improvement and efficiency between our global teams.
Training and Experience:
- Suitable experience working in the building services industry which would cover some / all stages of strategy, feasibility, preliminary design, statutory processes, detailed design, construction and commissioning. Mechanical, Electrical or Building services Engineering qualification HNC equivalent or upwards through a combination of education and specialized experience.
Other Essential Functions:
- You will have relevant experience within a desktop environment with very good knowledge and experience of MEP design software Revit within the MEP industry. This would include project setups, Family creation, setting up and development of templates.
- Very good experience and Knowledge of AutoCAD.
- You will be able demonstraight knowledge and understanding of all MEP services.
- You will have experience in coordination of all MEP services with Architectural and structural discipline.
- Experienced in setting up/ running coordination meeting , utilising Navisworks to do clash detection , including clash reports
- There will also be opportunities to undertake individual 'project' work, in addition to ongoing project support duties, innovation and/or development initiatives will be encouraged.
- You must have excellent people skills and networking capabilities.
- You must be results oriented; a self-starter who can get the job done.
- You must be a team-player and willing to consult constantly with your peers in other functional groups to make the best decisions possible for the organization as a whole.
- Ability to react and adapt to problems and issues faced by the business working as part of a team and in isolation. Management of weekly tasks and time is of the upmost importance.
- Proactive interest in BIM solutions and the influence it is having on the industry
- Knowledge / experience of BIM in the infrastructure environment specifically. Knowledge of government BIM standards also advantageous
- Knowledge and experience with Bentley Microstation and or AECOsim Building designer.
- Experience in developing project BIM execution plans and other process documents linking to this.
- Knowledge and use of electronic data management systems such as Vault and Projectwise.