The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
• Functions as a roadway/highway EIT on specific tasks or areas within roadway/highway projects. Responsible for assisting the Project Manager or task lead with the completion of assigned deliverables and services on time, within performance budget and meeting quality expectations.
• May have responsibilities for planning, management and scheduling of all tasks based on experience level.
• Can perform estimating for construction cost and professional service hours. Monitors and reports on progress and quality of roadway/highway effort against schedule and budget.
• Coordinates project assignments with those of other engineers and technicians on a multi-discipline team.
• Maintains effective communications with project team members and with the client.
• Attends project meetings and design review meetings, and interacts with clients/contractors as a Roadway/Highway EIT.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering from an ABET university is required
- At least one previous summer design internship on transportation projects is preferred
- EIT certificate is required
- One previous summer internship experience with AutoCAD and/or Microstation is preferred
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.