The Buildings & Infrastructure (B&I) Line of Business is a global network of approximately 11,500 employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
At Jacobs our structural engineers are responsible for the structural design for new structures as well as existing structural upgrades. Our engineers design unique and challenging projects, and perform investigations to make expert recommendations to clients for various purposes.
- Participate in structural computations and analysis of concrete, steel, and timber structures and conduct calculation checks in the design of vertical structural systems for retail, distribution, institutional, and commercial clients.
- Design drawings, specifications, reports, and other project deliverables while working with the structural engineering team and other disciplines within the project team.
- Makes technical assumptions, thinks independently to complete assigned work, and draws engineering conclusions.
- Performs assignments designed to develop professional knowledge and abilities, requiring application of standard engineering techniques, procedures, and codes.
- Provide design inputs and reviews of other engineer's projects.
- Attend meetings with clients and promote positive client contact with current or prospective clients.
- Participate as a team member, contributing ideas and possible solutions, and leading on issues where appropriate.
- BS degree in Civil, Structural Engineering, or Architectural Engineering (Structures) required
- Proficiency with structural software applications including Revit, AutoCAD, Civil 3D required
- Minimum of 4 years' experience, in a comparable consulting or A/E firm, performing design of commercial, retail, institutional, and industrial buildings is required
- Must have good knowledge of building codes and design codes
- Must be on a track for attaining a Professional Engineering (PE) registration
- MS degree in Structural Engineering is preferred
- Some travel to project sites may be required
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.