Jacobs is one of the world's largest and most diverse Fortune 500 providers of professional technical services. We successfully deliver the full breadth of building services - planning, architecture, engineering, construction management, program management, and design-build - to a diversified base of leading public and private clients across the globe.
We are currently seeking an exceptionally motivated Lead Estimator to be located in the Arlington, VA office. Projects are from many construction sectors such as Federal (Civilian and Military), Aviation, Healthcare, Transportation, Education (K-12 and Higher Education), Manufacturing, Research & Development, Operations & Data Centers and Correctional Facilities.
Primary Job Responsibilities
• Reports directly to the Regional Estimating Manager.
• Functions as primary point of contact on estimating assignments, provides independent estimates, constructability reviews, value engineering, risk analysis, and reviews/negotiates contractor estimates and change orders.
• Provides quality reviews of all estimating deliverables developed by the assigned estimating team.
• Leads project team with reporting functions and assembly of project deliverables.
• Presents the estimate deliverables to internal and external clients.
• Work independently, following established procedures.
• Assists in management and development of the estimating team.
• Develops man-hour/fee proposals for estimating tasks.
• Participates as part of a team in sales presentations.
• Prepares and maintains historical cost data and estimating metrics.
• Familiar with techniques, procedures, methods and the nature of applicable construction systems across all disciplines.
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management or Engineering discipline required.
- Minimum of 10 years' estimating experience within the Building Construction Industry required
- Ability to lead a team is required.
- Experience with Excel, Timberline Estimating Software, On-Screen Takeoff , Success and MII preferred
- Estimating certification from ASPE or AACE desirable
- Security Clearance or the ability to obtain is desirable
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you?ll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.